Professional Interior Decorating (PID)
3 Day Live Class-$1500 or
Blended Class-combines On-Demand and Virtual Coaching Sessions-$995
Are you ready to move your business to the next level? Perhaps you took a recognized Redesign or One Day Decorating class but feel like you need more? Maybe you have a design degree but haven’t really put it into action. Maybe you didn’t take a formal class but have been offering professional decorating for at least 2 years. Then it is time for you to take your talent and existing skill set to a more professional place allowing you to add more services to your business. This certification class is perfect for those with core design knowledge through experience or former attendance at a recognized certification class. Class tuition includes variety of learning aids, e-forms, support materials, and one on one support from your trainer.
- Completed a recognized Redesign/One Day Decorating class or design program or…
- Have been working professionally as Decorator or Stager for 2 year minimum
- Completed Confident Color System Class or will attend class in advance of your PID class.
- Interested in elevating your skill set and confidence.
- Bring laptop and/or tablet to class for interactive exercises.
- Complete each module, appropriate assignment and submit for grading.
- Complete and return final concept board assignment.
- “Sell the Job” to your trainer by presenting your concept board and explaining your decisions
- Meet Your Client: Each student will be assigned a mock client to communicate with clarity, gather information, assess their needs, establish the budget, and create a concept board and design plan to be presented for approval. This project will be due the final day of class to allow student to apply the advanced knowledge shared during the PID class.
- Creativity and Inspiration: The key is to create spaces that showcase your talent in a way that delights your clients and gets them talking about you. Implementing creative ideas is one of the best ways to build your business. This interactive module will not only arm you with a variety of ideas to get your creative juices flowing but also challenge you to put on your own creative cap.
- Space Planning: This module will focus on the power of placement and the emotional impact it can have on a space. Create floor plans and concept boards that will dazzle your clients. In this hands-on, interactive class, you will learn how to use these tools and techniques to plan a job, create a concept or design board, recommend colors, client presentations and upsell the job. You will also learn how to measure and calculate a variety of products commonly used for decorating projects.
- Shapes, Lines and Forms: This is one of the most ignored elements of design and yet one of the most critical. Begin by assessing your shape preference with a shape test and how your preferences can impact each and everyone of your jobs Shape, line and form can create an eye path you hadn’t intended, make a room feel too feminine or masculine or completely divert attention from the elements of the room that matter most.
- Focusing on the Zones: Once you build the floor plan, you need to have a true understanding of vertical and horizontal balance. Analyzing the space to ensure you create a room that connects, flows and hits your clients emotion buttons.
- Advanced Confident Color System: This advanced color module will continue to build on the color confidence you gained in the Confident Color System Class. Learn how to avoid common color mistakes and combine colors with undertones that compliment…not compete. We will use a variety of color samples, fabrics and other colorful aids to identify and demystify the overtone and undertone process. Plus, how to finally select the perfect white, black and brown every time. Learn how to manipulate balance and impact with color.
- Window Treatments Made Easy: How to measure, design, specify window treatments from ready mades, customized readymades, semi-custom and custom window treatments. Learn the best fabric vendors, window treatment resources, plus the 3-5-3 Method created by window treatment industry guru, Margie Nance.
- Accessorizing: The finishing touch that establishes the personality and provides visual surprises throughout the space. This module will focus on how to specify, purchase and place.
- Budget Setting made Easy: Probably the most difficult part of the process is getting your clients to tell you what they are willing to spend. Learn our itemized approach to budget setting along with a good, better, best valuation worksheet for every element that goes into creating a beautiful room. This module is an extension of our famous Comfort Zone Shopping System.
- Vendors, Association, Tradeshows and More: Opening the doors to added professionalism and revenue streams by understanding the “To the Trade Only” process.
- Delivering the Goods: Finding installers, delivery people and support staff.
- Contracts, Purchase Orders, Invoicing and More: How to treat your clients and business with professional. When to use a contract, letter of agreement and a shake of the hand.
Blended On-Demand: $995
Eager to start learning, take advantage of our Blended On-Demand version. This class allows you to start learning immediately with access to the recordings, handouts and forms created specifically for this class. Plus, you will have personal interaction with JoAnne and Sandra throughout your class with your homework commentaries and your one on one coaching session.