JoAnne Lenart-Weary’s Tip-”I like to Move It, Move It” Nothing can transform a room more quickly than simply rearranging. I have been shoving and pushing since I was about 4 and still 58 years later, I still love to move it. Here are some quick tricks to ensure furniture placement success.
- Focus on Function Zone, 0-36″ first.
- Place your core grouping first and then build around it. This would be you…r conversation group, dining table and chairs, bed and night stands.
- Address Focal Point with largest piece of furniture.
- Create secondary furniture vignette.
- Work clockwise around room until Function Zone is complete.
- Make sure you can move it, move it through space, 24-36″ walkways
- Pretty doesn’t work if function and comfort isn’t considered.
- Balance more important than symmetry.
- Encourage interaction with conversation seats placed within 8-10.’
- Time to move to Power Zone-36-78″ from floor…but that’s another tip.
Now start moving that furniture…here’s some music to inspire you.